- Apple may be considering iBeacon for use in mobile payments.
- More retailers rolling out iBeacon trials.
- More rumors of Apple developing mobile payment tech.
- Starwood Hotels pilots using smartphones to unlock rooms.
- iBeacon transmitter inside your car.
- Major League Baseball rolling out 1,000s of iBeacons.
- Apple is now certifying iBeacon transmitters.
- Home Automation begins to see use of iBeacons.
- NBA Team implements iBeacon.
Apple may be considering iBeacon for use in mobile payments
More retailers rolling out iBeacon trials
“Shopkick announced it would be starting an iBeacon trial at 100 American Eagle stores.”
“InMarket would introduce iBeacons to more than 200 Safeway and Giant Eagle grocery stores in a number of markets across the country.”
More rumors of Apple developing mobile payment tech
Starwood Hotels pilots using smartphones to unlock rooms
iBeacon transmitter inside your car
Major League Baseball rolling out 1,000s of iBeacons
“Major League Baseball will begin rolling out thousands of iBeacons in ballparks around the country according to a source familiar with the plans who shared them with MacRumors.”
“The league is looking to have twenty parks outfitted with roughly 100 iBeacons each by Opening Day at the end of March. Boston, Milwaukee, San Diego, LA Dodgers, and San Francisco are among the teams that will have iBeacons installed.”
“The iBeacon deployment is one of the largest rollouts in the world, aside from Apple Retail’s 254-store effort. MLB will be using iBeacons sourced from Qualcomm.”