I’ve been writing a lot about iBeacon and it’s impact on Mobile Commerce and it’s other applications, because I think it has tremendous potential to combine the virtual online world with the physical world in amazing new ways. And when you add in the giant technology advance that Apple Watch will bring, the mind boggles at the possibilities.
Here are the highlights in this article:
- Apple’s Rumored Loyalty Rewards Program
- Apple Pay Advances Mobile Commerce Dramatically
- Apple Stores and Disney Stores Rolling out new iBeacon Transmitters
- Apple working on iBeacon Transmitter Tech
- More iBeacon Transmitter Vendors
- Virgin Atlantic to Integrate iBeacon in London’s Heathrow Airport
- New Innovative use of iBeacon
Apple’s Rumored Loyalty Rewards Program
Apple Pay Advances Mobile Commerce Dramatically
Apple Pay is revolutionizing how we pay for things in physical stores and online stores. It’s a gigantic leap forward in security and privacy, with a incredibly simple and fast customer experience. Check out the blog articles I’ve written about Apple Pay for lots more.
Apple Stores and Disney Stores Rolling out new iBeacon Transmitters
In preparation the release of Apple Pay, Apple Stores and Disney Stores were reported to be rolling out new updated iBeacon transmitters and NFC readers. Besides enabling Apple Pay via the NFC readers, the updated iBeacon transmitters could be used to improve the customer experience with their apps while in stores. The updated transmitters could provide more precision that can make new and more engaging customer experiences with the apps.